View Single Post
Old 2013-11-07, 16:20   Link #19
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Why is teasing just specifically present in the yuri genre so much ? With your argument, they should do the same with the rest of the genres since it brings in more audience.

You don't think that a majority of the fandom not wanting to see explicit relationships between female characters might be indicative of something other than "so, they can ship various characters" ? Really ? When people want to ship something, they will ship it. Simple as that. They don't require anymore reason than that.
Romance of any sort generally isn't a focus for shows with predominantly female casts these days. Granted, you occassionally see if in something like Hanasaku Iroha, but even in those scenarios the romance is a fairly minor focus.

So I'm not inclined to see the lack of explicit yuri in shows like Saki, Madoka, Kiniro Mosaic and Strike Witches as indicating anything as I have no reason to expect it to be there in the first place. Frankly, in many, perhaps most cases I'm inclined to say you don't see explicit romance in these shows for the same reason you don't see intense drama in them.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote