View Single Post
Old 2013-12-13, 00:31   Link #2369
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I get that the strategy of adapting their own LNs is profitable on the whole, and I think it'll probably form the core of their strategy for the foreseeable future. I just don't think it's all they're going to be doing, since their catalog consists of:

2 huge sellers.
1 weak seller.
2 unadapted properties.

That doesn't exactly scream "we're never adapting an outside property again" to me.
Well, they can keep holding more contests and get more IP that way, along with creating in-house originals like Tamako Market. They're in contact with enough creative people that I'm sure there'll always be some idea out there they could work on. As was proposed, they could just ask one of the writers they've worked with before "hey, got any ideas?" and I'm sure they'd come up with something.

I don't think it's like they're completely closed to every adapting other people's works again (if nothing else, either Animation Do or a new subsidiary could form and take on extra projects), but I think they want to position themselves so that, whatever they work on, they're able to have a lot more leverage in the financial partnership. It'd probably take the right type of project and the right type of financial terms for them to be interested, but I'm sure anything's on the table if the deal is good enough. The Kadokawas of the world do have plenty of other options, though, so no need to rush.