View Single Post
Old 2014-01-06, 16:33   Link #5847
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
AIM Dispersion Field Resonance is the term I believe. I think it works primarily when its espers who have the same ability, otherwise it goes unnoticed. Some can detect it, mainly people who have abilities that specifically target AIM fields like Taketsubo Rikou, but most cases it doesn't.

Though I believe there are other cases of this to some degree. While I did forget who thought up the original concept, but someone here believed that people with certain characteristics may be subject to AIM Dispersion Field Resonance as well.

Using the example suggested at the time, if someone has an ability that focuses on magnitism, since the ability itself works on the foundation of an electromaster, then you can already guess that if an electromaster and a metal-manipulator crossed paths; there would be a reaction since they both share the same base stat of being espers who control electricity. While the base stat is the same, the manner in which the esper uses that ability is ultimately different but still able to create a reaction.

That, however, is just a theory and not something that can be claimed as fact. Given, it's credible and logical on most grounds; its still just a fan-crafted theory.
This helps a lot thank you, it's just a theory I know but it could still be used. Really my intention was not really allow Level fives to sense each other, but have the feeling their been in this area. But more so the level fives can notably feel the presence of the first level five.

Not accelerator but the first one to reach the level(6th ranked level five). My reasoning for this is that in my alternative world fanfic, Academy city decided to employ similar methods the first level five used to help the other level fives to reach that level. So there be some sort of connection at least within some calculations in their personal reality due to using similar methods to reach level five.

I also have an additional question, could a level five telekinetic user able to have a sub ability of Psychokinesis? I'm kinda confused but mainly because of this line on the wiki.
Quote:
Apparently, a "scientific" rationale for it involves raising the motion of a target's molecules through Telekinesis in order to ignite it.
Obviously the level five would need to understand the method, but if he does this wouldn't count as having two abilities? But just an extension of his existing one. My friend keeps arguing it's impossible as it would count as two abilities. Not sure to be honest.

Another question would be can Misaki's power effect the other level fives. I know her powers can't effect Mikoto Misaka but does that also include number 4, 2, 1, 7? While I assume she could effect number 6 and 7. And we know she can't effect Mikoto, but what about the others I'm not sure.

All these questions are just so I can make a much better rewrite for a fanfic.

Last edited by Loremaster; 2014-01-06 at 20:19.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote