Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-26, 16:40   Link #288
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I didn't miss the point of it. I was talking purely about emotional involvement.
To each their own I suppose. Magi has had a lot of little kids that have needed saving at one point or another. Starting with the little girl that got caught by the desert plant when Alibaba was introduced and since then, there's probably been a half dozen notable examples.

I will see that Marga is one of the more...controversial examples. She does seem to serve as a bit of distraction from the true horror of what's going on in Magnostadt. She actually wouldn't be that bad if not for the fact that basically all of the issues we see raised by her and the treatment of the goi by the magicians is practically forgotten after being introduced.

Only Titus raises intelligent objections and he's easily silenced by Marga. Aladdin has nothing to say concerning the matter and merely sits idle while watching things unfold.

P.S. The most annoying thing about the entire arc is that basically everyone falls into the trap that somehow magicians really are a separate species, when they don't even qualify as a distinct race. Fanalis stand out even more than magicians do in terms of differences, yet people generally don't treat them as something other than human.

Magicians aren't more aggrieved than any other group of people in the setting, yet this arc goes out of it's way to treat them like they're special snowflakes who's anger needs to be placated no matter the cost.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote