View Single Post
Old 2014-02-01, 00:02   Link #100
myopius

Thanks for posting that, Nayim. It's nice to hear that Nasu feels good about ufotable's overall concept for the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
As said several times in this thread it hasn't been confirmed anywhere that it's going to be a brand new scenario. The only thing that is confirmed is that there will be original scenes (probably to tie in more to F/Z).
For the record, I don't recall the word "scene" actually being used anywhere. I glanced through the original Japanese tweets and a couple matome sites, but all I recall reading is that there would be new truths/facts not depicted in the original work (i.e. Nasu's knowledge would be incorporated into it) with no specifics whatsoever. Although it does seem very possible that this new setting info will take the form of new scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, if you compare it to the original FSN anime, 25 episodes was slightly on the long side. However, HF and UBW are both somewhat longer routes than Fate, and adding content will necessarily make it longer, so I would expect 25 episodes to be perhaps slightly tight. I don't think it is long enough to have three cours, though, so two is most likely.
I personally expect 3 or 4 cours unless major, major cuts are made. To repost a comparison I made elsewhere: Steins;Gate and Umineko were 40-50K lines, and 2 cours each. Little Busters 76K lines and 3 cours; Clannad 100K lines and 4 cours. On the other hand, Fate/stay night is 100K lines and 20% longer than Clannad because the average line length is longer. I actually wouldn't expect a full 4 cours unless it's the "omnibus" format and they animate one route after another; the 18+ scenes will be cut, and I expect ufotable to make a few major cuts to integrate the story the way they want (perhaps, as others have speculated, making Heaven's Feel the base), so I expect 3 cours. But I can't really see 2 cours doing Fate/stay night justice (not to criticize the 2-cour 2006 anime, but I hold the opinion that it did not take the story as deep or far as the original visual novel).
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote