View Single Post
Old 2014-02-03, 15:09   Link #33894
Dormin

If I had to say, probably because the entire theory was always on an "interesting theory" stage. One of the reasons is also that it is somewhat clearly stated what characters are "canonically" part of yasu.

For example, I could say that Featherine as a person could represent Yasu and her love towards literature and detective novels, making Featherine part of Yasu and even probably somewhat fitting character to explain certain aspects of her character. However, this adds nothing to the story being neither important plot point nor actually foreshadowed, leaving entire theory as something that can be described as "interesting but totally pointless theory".

So in other words, I could never come up with anything relevant outside funny train of thought. But it's fun to toy with: for example bern and yasu clearly share some characteristics, namely the love for pranks and trolling. This way entire story itself could be seen as a mashup of Yasu as a person.

But this should be not taken as my disbelief towards the clear links in the story: it is clear that meta is connected to reality and for example siestas are clearly metaphors for guns etc. I am simply stating that the theory of every character being an presentation of Yasu itself is bit far-fetched.
Dormin is offline   Reply With Quote