View Single Post
Old 2014-02-05, 17:05   Link #33903
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
On a sidenote Erika is the creepiest character ever, expecially in Ep 6, so I think Tohya will feel safer if Ikuko and Erika have nothing in common... (the ring scene is... is... I've no words for it...)
Though it is kinda interesting how this follows after Battler on the meta-plane has realized the truth and became fully aware of his own position, which can be seen as Tohya realizing who he really is and what his connection to the events were.

The next Episode starts with Erika being all creepy and marrying Battler, making him mute and forcing him to unveil the truth that he is trying to keep hidden. If we see Erika/Bern/Featherine as a collective identity of not only "the meciless Witch Hunters" but "THE most merciless Witch Hunter"=Hachijo Ikuko...couldn't this create an interesting picture?

We know that Ikuko is kinda creepy in her way of keeping Tohya all to herself but, like jiblue already said, without him she would have likely been left to obscurity. For 3 novels he has been her source and also a very informative source for her obsession with Rokkenjima...and then suddenly, after End is finished, he's like, "Nope, I'm gonna stop giving you any info like we used to and do it like THIS now".
This would also explain on a realistic level why Ikuko would invite Ange NOW and make her read Dawn, because maybe she can give it a perspective that Ikuko is missing.

Then, at the end of EP6 she is sending Bern, who's her miko, which could also be seen as any fan, fellow Witch Hunter or understudy that Ikuko ever had, out to draw the guts out of the game. So maybe EP7 is actually Ikuko gathering up information in order to get that last bit of confirmation that Tohya is suddenly denying her.

This could also explain her behavior in EP8 and her sudden change of heart once she sees Ange's resolve. She was like "I'm gonna reveal all this now!!" but then she reconsidered.

The only thing I'd be not that sure about is whether Ikuko didn't read Eva's diary/know about the whole story and actually needed to find it out herself during EP6 and 7, or if she read it/knew everything and just wanted proper proof to unveil it because she disagreed with Tohya/Battler's opinion on the matter.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote