View Single Post
Old 2014-02-06, 19:36   Link #33908
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Said about the series with the crazy, suicidal rich guy who kept his daughter as his personal doll in the image of her mother and used WWII explosives to potentially rig his whole island where his family lived in case of...bad finances.
We are, however, given explanations for 'Kinzo's heart' and maddness (and mind you, I'm still not fully comfortable with the smooth version given... to me it makes more sense if Kinzo was actually an extremely selfish, violent, full time jerk who might have tried to make out with Yasu as well and was sheeding coccodrille tears in his apologizing to Kuwadorian Beatrice... probably because he regretted she made her escape... after all when he was told the baby died he claimed 'Beatrice' resisted him and escaped him again...). Ikuko either is Yasu or is a character tossed in at the last moment in terms of 'background story' (yes, she showed up in Ep 6 but all we're told about her is she's a writer... there's no background whatsoever... all we have as background for her is given in Ep 8).

I agree she has the potential to be Annie Wilkes and I've been thinking this by ages and I think Ryukishi played on this. But if that's the truth she's just a randomly mad character. Of course it could be argued that actually Erika's failed love story is hers and that's what drove her to insanity so she grabbed the first man she could find (which would also mean either the background given for Furudo Erika was false or they shared a similar past) but still... I don't know, I think Ikuko needed better development and I so hope the manga will fix that one way or another because her actions were... odd to say the least.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote