View Single Post
Old 2014-04-03, 20:32   Link #34246
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by eX_ploit View Post
Nothing unnatural here really. Battler has only seen these butterflies for a brief moment, so his impression that they were shining gold only comes from the golden glow of the study itself.
And that glow of the study could really be just golden confetti.
And the reason why all butterflies flew out of the study is that there is some chemical there which repels them, so they left as soon as an opening appeared.
If Battler's perspective is reliable, I don't think that's possible. He says that it's the butterflies which are shining gold ("a swarm of butterflies, shining gold") and that they're "almost" like golden confetti. Again, if his perspective is reliable, they can't actually be golden confetti. If Battler's perspective is unreliable, there's no problem, but it seems to be that your position is that he is reliable at that point.

Of course, if Knox's rules were to apply, and I'm not saying they are since it's never really made clear in the series, then It is forbidden for unknown drugs or hard to understand scientific devices to be used.

If the butterflies really are there and are present in quantities sufficient that Battler says they fill the study, how did they get there? At the very minimum, Rosa went to the study earlier on in the story to borrow the gun, so the door was open at that point, and the butterflies would have flown out. So who put the butterflies in the study between that point and Battler entering the room, and why?

Quote:
What he saw there was really grandfathers back. Dead grandfathers back to be precise. That red only mentions mistaking Kinzo by sight, not by voice.
The voice there could be produced by the same person playing Beatrice.
After all, ventriloquism is nothing mysterious.
If it was the back of Kinzo's corpse, that would satisfy the red of No person would mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo by sight.. Battler saw Kinzo's back, so the back has to belong to Kinzo.

The red of No matter what the disguise, they would not mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo! is not limited to sight, however. It could also cover voices. I think a fake Kinzo voice produced by a ventriloquist would run into that red.

If we were going by Knox's decalogue (which, again, I'm not saying we are), I would also be wondering if ventriloquism would run into Knox. It is forbidden for the case to be resolved with clues that are not presented. Is there evidence that, say, Jessica is a skilled ventriloquist? You'd need quite a bit of skill in order to talk to Battler while also pulling off Kinzo's lines.

Quote:
Ok. My assumption is that it's Jessica.
Next you may ask "but she was killed earlier in that episode".
So my theory on that is as follows.
Jessica's death status was never confirmed in red in this episode.
Even though detective has witnessed a body whith knife sticking out of the back and a pool of blood, which obviously means that the body is dead, he never checked if that body was really Jessica's.
Her parents were already dead by that point so noone was interested enough in that corpse.
However there is this red
When Jessica's corpse was discovered, only Battler, George, Maria, Rosa, Genji, Gohda, Shannon, Kumasawa, and Nanjo were in Jessica's room
which you can mistake for Jessica's proclaimation of death.
However that part of the sentence is not a statement, statement is the second part.
While the first part is just referring to the event, whose name is "Discovery of Jessica's corpse"

And then it get's really interesting.
Whoops, the corpse of Jessica is also included
In the actual statement about Jessica, the word corpse is excluded from red, so it becomes simply "Jessica is also included"
Which means that there is an alive Jessica in that room when they discover the body.

So, to sum things up, Jessica has killed Kanon, then disguised his body as her own, and started hiding somewhere in the room. That also explains why Kanon's body has disappeared.

You could also argue that people who discovered body searched all of the room but didn't find anyone hiding.
And my answer is that at least Rosa is known for sure to be one of the culprits in this episode.
And she was one of the searching people, so she could deliberately search Jessica's hiding place and pretend there was noone there.
Huh, that's an interesting theory. I'll look over it. I think it doesn't work, though.

Although the Jessica is alive and hiding theory might have worked just based on Jessica is also included, the previous red confirms that her corpse is indeed in the room. It's not true that "the first part is just referring to the event, whose name is "Discovery of Jessica's corpse"".

The actual wording there is "When Jessica's corpse was discovered" which confirms that the corpse really is Jessica's and that it was discovered. I don't think they would have been able to say that if Jessica was not really dead. In ep 6, when a fake corpse is being discussed in a similar way, the word corpse is said in quotes ("The guest room was sealed at the time that Battler's 'corpse' was examined"). We also have the red, in regard to that room, that No one is hiding. Which means that even if Jessica were alive, she could not be hiding in that room, regardless of who might be searching for her and pretending she's not there.

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2014-04-03 at 20:44.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote