View Single Post
Old 2006-03-22, 04:19   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
Fire Away, I know that even honesty will get me flamed. Not like it has not happened before now has it? [/B]
Nothing to flame --- this is a problem in *many* cultures. Even the so-called "open western" cultures suffer from it (you can see the look when "its a girl" versus "its a boy"). My wife and I wanted one of each --- I *dearly* wanted a girl to raise as a kick ass and take names bright light... no such luck, we got two boys.

I was wandering around in a toy store one day and a little girl and her daddy passed by: he wanted to take her over to the Legos section. Her four year old response: "Daddy, those are Boy's Toys" His reaction: "WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU THAT!!!!!"
Answer: all her damned peers who'd already been infected by their idiot parents.

I will say its a LOT better in some parts of the world than it used to be .. but it still has a LONG way to go.

Note to Kaoru Chujo: very interesting blog link with the Jungian analysis -- I can't say I don't reflect on how my life might have gone with the change of that little chromosome before birth ... but it does bring a smile to encapsulate that as a little moe femme personification ---- I pick Hazuki, she reflects my crabby inner self.