View Single Post
Old 2014-04-07, 15:07   Link #34279
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Well, if Beatrice is even able to use that logic then someone who feeds information to Meta-Beatrice is aware of Battler's unusual birth circumstances.
Well, the question here is also whether we can really equate Meta-Beatrice and Yasu to the degree that it really tells us something about what Yasu on the island knew.
I'm working my way through being able to show some stuff from EP8 manga's chapters 12-24 (and maybe 25-27 once I'm back in Japan), but to say that beforehand, it is made quite clear that "Beato" and "that person" are two distinct entities.

We can probably assume that the Beatrice who fights Battler in EP4 is only born out of the "Rokkenjima Witch Murder Case" discourse from around 1988 onwards and Tohya's reading of the message bottles as well as his own thoughts and Battler's memories.
It's kinda weird logic in a way, but I think it's more Tohya remembering that there was something off about Battler's connection to the family and thought it an excuse to escape the game as well. If Ushiromiya Battler was not Ushiromiya Battler then Hachijo Tohya has no obligation towards whatever that weird person on an island in 1986 was demanding of "him".
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote