Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Ping Pong (NoitaminA)
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-08, 20:27   Link #174
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Ep 5 is pretty super for me in terms of character development and direction although character art consistency took a dive for the worst in a few scene. Most surprising to hear Ayako Kawasumi as Yurie and the return of ocean dude (soon to be mountain dude next?).

China's scene where he found his mother's graying stray hair and him crying on the train is one of the best i've seen in awhile. It's incredible how well and quickly they manage to convey so much without any monologue or narration

I'm looking forward to see how Akuma and Peco come back from their slump. Akuma self destruct spectacularly this episode and Peco's wounded pride seemed to have gotten worse without any sign of a comeback yet. Both of them got served by reality pretty badly by Smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
I think he realized he was partly to blame for Peco's depression after losing by not giving real competion.
Personally, i think it might be him seeing Kazama's performance might have push him over to train seriously for once since last episode, even himself was pretty shocked by Kazama's performance. Eventhough he took care not to wound his opponent's pride in matches back then, he doesn't seem like the type of guy that blames himself for what others do. He didn't even try to stop Peco when Peco wanted to quit ping pong in tantrum after getting dominated by Kong.