View Single Post
Old 2014-07-06, 03:08   Link #1832
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Still don't think Germany's the favourite, even against a Brazil without Thiago Silva and Neymar. The Brazilians now will come out hot and very motivated with an attitude to prove everybody that they are not a one man team. They'll also continue their rough play and it is doubtful the referee of that match will hold them in. That spells trouble for Germany, because some of Germany's better players are terrible when dealing with physical play. Özil, Kroos or Götze and to a lesser degree also Schweinsteiger disappear when you rough them up.
Well it would be great if they can prove themselves as a team and not extras for Neymar but I would still favor Germany to beat them. You have a team that have been around for 3 world cup and a new team that is missing their key player/mascot. I don't think there's any big difference in motivation between the two at this stage of the tournament.

Even with Neymar around, i don't think he has the experience and maturity needed to beat the German defense much like how poorly he did in the Chile match.

As for the rough play, well knows what's going to happen? Muller certainly knows how to get people sent off and i would certainly love to see Hulk trying to go up against Mertesacker which have been cool as ice in his tackle. I doubt FIFA and referee is going to let this match become another MMA fight again after Fernandinho's excessive foul and Neymar's injury.

Also, Ozil have been terrible even without rough play on field makes no difference to me anyway.