View Single Post
Old 2014-07-13, 14:08   Link #10
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Another point that intrigues me is the line that said “In the end, it may be that people only believe what they want to believe.” What does that mean? Or...the first question should be: Who are the “people” that line refers to? Is it the audience, or the people in-universe? In the case of the latter, it should be people from CC-timeline because in other timelines the term Black/Dark History was never mentioned (duh). But why people from CC wouldn’t believe in Dark History when the evidence is right there in the forms of ancient MSs they dug up.
I won't be surprised if they meant both. At this point in time, many of these old things are just legends with no guerentee of knowing the entire full picture of what happened. Kinda like how we probably don't know the entire story of ancient times, at least nowhere near as much as we of time periods that are relatively recent.

I think what it means in general is that a lot of different people in society are going to have divergent opinions and have their own believes and theories on what happened. It actually kinda happens with incidents and discoveries in real life too (it was aliens, no the government faked it all, the government started it all, it's God's creation and punishment, etc). I think the text just wants to paint the Black History as a big mystery.