View Single Post
Old 2006-04-05, 02:30   Link #34
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha123
Just watched the first episode, this anime is a definite keeper for me this season. I love the OP that they have, very nice and catchy tune, and the battle scene just looked plain awesome. Heck, even if this show turns out to be a lemon, I’ll still follow it all the way through just for Ururuw alone! Can’t wait for someone to sub this show.

Oh, and can anyone put up like a pronunciation key or something for the title. While I really do find it fun trying to pronounce “Utawarerumono” on my own, it would be very nice to actually know how to say it correctly
Wait, what do you mean a pronunciation key? It's pronounced u ta wa re ru mo no like any other Japanese word :/ (okay, so maybe they are accented a bit differently, but should be fairly similar) It's shorted to waremono and utaware on Japanese forums, so you might use that as well. I guess if you want a half-accurate rendition, it would be: "ooh tah wah ray/lay rue/loo mow(the lawn) no"
And it's Eruruw and Aruruw; there is no Ururuw, but there is a Urutoriy later...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote