View Single Post
Old 2014-08-05, 17:14   Link #34524
renosm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
But I'm sure we'll get plenty of activity as the manga updates. There must be things left for it to reveal.
I'm really hoping for some twists regarding Battler's point of view in the one truth incident!

Quote:
Hmm, I wonder. I haven't read the tea party for some time, but I'll try to speculate anyway.

Kyrie's family might have connections she could tap into which could convert the gold for her. She's not very keen on her family, but if she was desperate, perhaps she could still ask for their help. Alternatively, perhaps the cash card existed in that fragment, but for a different reason? Kinzo was still alive: maybe he told Genji to prepare the cash card for Lion's use.
I'm pretty sure that Kyrie could find a way to convert the gold, since there's all this Yakuza business going on in her family. Nonetheless, it would be too much risky work. The motive for the murders was that the cash card could be immediately used and nearly impossible to leave traces. Exchanging gold in the black market is not so easy even with the proper shady connections. It just doesn't seem right to me for Kyrie to commit this huge crime only to risk with the exchange of the gold further ahead.
Moreover, the value of the ingots they would be able to carry couldn't match up to the amount of money the cash card could provide. And don't forget that they would have to carry the ingots back home. What excuse could they possibly use at the boat that would come to take them?
"Oh the whole island blew up with all our relatives, but thank god we could save these five gold ingots!"
Or they could hide them under their shirts and keep repeating how great Gohda's cooking was!

As for the existence of the cash card by another random means, doesn't it sound like a cheap explanation? I could explain the existence of guns with some random theory: "Kinzo sometimes kept his prized gun collection in the hidden gold room. This way he could relax by the gold while caressing his guns and contemplating blowing up the island if he couldn't come up with a clever business move."
It could work! But having a cash card available there? It seems quite forced, don't you agree?

Quote:
After all this time I'm still not totally sure what the fragments stand for.
Well the different fragments represent parallel universes, but I don't think this is the explanation you're looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
That's what I took from it, considering Will was able to slice that entire WORLD in half like it was nothing.
You're right! And there's also that whole scene with Will trying to help Lion reach her happy ending! It seems to indicate that there actually is a happy ending.
"Don't look for a miracle! Be one!" That quote gave me goosebumps.
One of the reasons that I like this theory is that Sayo really deserves a happy life, at least as Lion. Bernkastel tried to take even that from her, right in front of Clair's lifeless eyes. But the fact that Will saved her gives me hope that there is a happy life for her. Even though their struggle against Bernkastel seems futile and we never get a proper conclusion to it, I'd like to believe that they succeeded.
That Lion really did become the miracle she was looking for.
renosm is offline   Reply With Quote