View Single Post
Old 2006-04-07, 11:55   Link #60
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
[/B]

Now this is a post that really screams out foolishness towards the end I mean really...

One Piece has exceeded Dragonball How?
I do not remember ever being an manga/anime changing the fighting Genre! Also without Dragonball you would not have any One Piece! As a matter of fact you would not have as many animes that came out today especially you Naruto fans. Hell Dragonball will never be exceded as long as you have animes and mangas basing parts from the manga/anime and are inspired by that Series ALONE. Also by this time Dragonball/Dragonball Z were huge hits and world wide unlike One Piece. Akira Toriyama to many manga artists is GOD including yours truly Oda from One Piece.
Usually when you compare two series, you mainly refer to the quality of both series. And One Piece has a higher quality than the dragon ball series. You can try to read Slayerx's post to see that. But, still you may not see it and in that case no words will be sufficient to change your mind. So I'll stop in terms of convincing here.

Also, maybe you are right that without dragon ball series there wouldn't have been one piece. But, who knows maybe with the absence of Toriyama, Oda would have become that GOD you have mentioned to have his worshippers. And, quite honestly, even without the creation of dragon ball series, I believe that many would have at least come up with partial ideas that will sum up to the overall innovations of dragon ball.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2006-04-07 at 14:44.