View Single Post
Old 2014-09-01, 00:45   Link #2163
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxis View Post
Okay I think we should first address this issue of izayoi destroying stars... I don't think they meant that literally, I mean sure he has his aurora pillar but I wouldn't say that's enough to destroy a star. Even his ability to destroy gifts is still quite sketchy cause he hasn't really destroyed any, more like just negating its effects kinda like IB cause if it were as they say that he can destroy gift then the users shouldn't be able to use them again kinda like what happened with kurousagi (although her case was different).
Pretty sure it was meant literally. The Demon Lords (the "strongest species" versions anyway) all have had world affecting abilities. Algol could petrify the world, Pest could poison everything, etc.

Plus, t was brought up more than once that the strongest Demon Lords could destroy Little Garden, which is the size of a star. Izayoi equals them in power, so him being able to do it isn't that big of a leap.

Finally, the narration keeps bringing that part up over and over. Until we get actual author input saying "nope, that was a metaphor" or something equivalent in the LN, it counts as valid.