View Single Post
Old 2006-04-12, 09:30   Link #378
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I was worried I might lose interest in this show after the hilarious first episode, but unlike some I think I've managed to maintain it - and HUGE props to Kyon's narration! God I love the guy. He's hilarious! And he constantly acts as a reminder that this is, seriously speaking, quite ridiculous I love how his kind of deadpan personality complements Haruhi's exuberance.
Absolutely why I thought episode one was better than episode two. One of those instances of monologues when I was literally rolling because of how the tone of the voice was maintained:

"This appears to be Itsuki's home. What I really want to know is.. why Mikuru is being carried in that suggestive state of dress. Perhaps while Mikuru was unconcious Itsuki gave Mikuru a bath!? Yes! That has to be it. If that's the case, every one of us would feel our doubt transform into rage and then, to murderous intent.. but for now, let us suppress those boiling feelings" -- translated by A.F.K

Quote:
But another huge draw as to why I am actually liking this show is probably because of the great directing - look at the camera angles, the pace, the mood, the important details that maintain continuity and *gasp* some sense of convincing reality (e.g. Kyon moving his head as he looks out of the window while Haruhi's moving, the camera work when people are moving or even feelings of really looking from the ground up for what would normally be still pans) Whoda thunk, convincing reality in a moe show that is not Kamichu!?
Yes.. yes.. yes! Agreed. Not caring about animated motion defeats the purpose of watching animation. Crappy animation can bite out a big portion of that chunky enjoyment factor. I am a big fan of animated movement and could care less if the story isn't comparatively as good as the animation (Air - according to my humble opinion), but for this show, the story (rather, the dialogues ) is just as good as the awesome animation.

Arguably, this show is the best series of 2006 so far even though the conclusion might be a bit premature when the series is only two episodes long as of yet.

Melange: With your permission I'll be using one of your creation in my sig. Actually it's already there. Mikuru-chan with an AK-47 is hot!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote