Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Akatsuki no Yona
View Single Post
Old 2014-10-07, 21:40   Link #32
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
What a entertaining first episode. The visuals for the scenery and characters were amazing and I like the bgm as it captured the essence of the Chinese imperial setting and culture etc. It's really refreshing to see a anime where it doesn't take place in Japan for a change. I still love Japanese settings don't get me wrong, but sometimes it great to break away from the norm every once in awhile.

I really enjoy the interactions between Hak and Yona. It's like a bigger brother making fun and messing with the younger sister, while Yona is a bit bratty and too love struck. I really enjoy Yona's characters and I really like how Chiwa was able to deliver her determined, sheltered, and prideful personally in such consistent ways. I don't know much about royalty but despite Yona's position to rule was female leadership really that delicate compared to male rulers during those times? I mean, she is royalty through and through, but I think people won't take her as seriously compared to males since they seem more hands on and more capable compared to the former.

But I digress...

Ahem:

It really sucks but not surprising that her love Soo-Won betrayed and murdered her dad after all those years of wanting him for so long. I'm really interested in knowing why he did it and what is plans are after it. It's clear that they wish to get rid of her, but I wonder what the bigger picture for doing so is.

Judging by the OP it looks like it'll be a reverse harem. Which I don't mind since I haven't seen to many. I truly enjoyed the first episode and I will be following this to see where this goes.