View Single Post
Old 2014-10-08, 17:36   Link #26
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I was annoyed at first with people other than Luffy having it cuz every one being all " Wowz! Only rare people have it!" Than more and more people in the New World did, though I began to understand it cuz it seems people who have what it takes to survive in the New World and have such raw power have it.

However in my opinion again, Will of D is different. I already explained why.
While every ones saying it's great cuz it means will finally get some explanations on it, I wish it could have been done differently. I liked it better when the Will of D belonged to the more powerful people of the Sea, when I felt it had meaning.

I think we already knew or had a feeling why people like Garp / Black Beard / Dragon all had it along with Luffy, now it feels like " What? "

But than again that's me, hope Kid gets it than. I might change my mind on the situation if all three rivals get it I guess
Yup, it's a big "WHATTT???" on our face.

I do think your expectation has been a bit off from the start.
The "D" thing is unlikely to be anything related to bloodline or power, Saul was a prime example (granted he was a vice-admiral, but he was NOT a real bigshot back then)

Even Rouge didn't appear to be powerful, of course her willpower was beyond imagination.

the one thing in common that we have seen so far with the "D" is that they are no "puppet" they have their own will and ready to "challenge" ans question the world (in all sort of ways), even when they may end up dying (they are always seen to die smiling)

All in all, I personally like it better here, Oda makes the "D" not so much of a revered privilege for any particular character , but rather myterious, intriguing and perhaps important for future development

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2014-10-08 at 17:50.