Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2014-10-23, 06:50   Link #11130
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
I don't understand. Maybe I never will.

I've always tried to do things the 'decent' way when I've become interested in a woman, being decent and respectful, yet every single time I've been told that they don't see me in that light and I'm just "a friend". I don't understand what I'm doing wrong or what is wrong with me that leads to this permanent friendzoning (10 years and counting if I recall correctly...might be slightly exaggerated, I dunno) but I just...need help.

What do I have to do to get a woman interested in me?
I know the feeling but the truth of the matter is that, most of the times, when someone is trying to be nice it ends up coming out as too nice which acts as a turn off. I guess that by being decent you do stuff like hold the doors open for them and say yes to virtually any request am I right? If so there's the problem right there. People normally aren't THAT helpful so when someone is acting that way it ends up coming out as more creepy than nice therefore pushing the other party away.

My suggestion is to just stop trying to be helpful and be yourself. Be just as helpful to women as you are to men. Nothing more.