Thread: Licensed World Trigger [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2014-11-04, 10:06   Link #61
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I don't worry about spoilers, especially since I listen to a podcast where two guys talk about Shounen Jump series. They love this series, but I just think the series is okay. Also, I cannot keep track of all the side characters that show up. Too many too soon.
In that case, you might want to reread the whole invasion arc once it is fully translated up to chapter 80/81. Which might take some time. I think that will certainly help to remember the names of some more prominent side-charas like Miwa, Izumi, Yoneya, Midorikawa and others. The B agents and most Operators were just introduced and didn't had much screentime anyway, I guess they will get that in future invasion arcs or in the rank wars.

Can't wait when Osamu's team gets formed and they get an Operator for their team.

Chapter 59 is up as well! Yay! I was wrong with my assumption that we won't get another update for the next couple weeks! <3

The beginning already shows why Operators are a very important support class for such battles. If Izumi, Yoneya and Midorikawa had not gotten those informations their fight would have gone very differently. Same with the B-agents telling them what they knew about Ranbein's skills. With those infos they planned ahead and didn't got taken out by Ranbein's enourmous firepower, though they did come close to it.
What I really enjoyed was how Ranbein was not only shown as a trigger-happy soldier but also as a very intelligent one who sees right away through what is a "real" attack and what is a diversion and immediately went on the counterattack for the real meant attack.

Same when he used his flying skill and took the three A agents by surpise with his rain of bullets. Ofc Ranbein got a bit too cocky, probably due him taking out the B-agents before and withstanding their fire power easily and seeing through the A-agents plan. He tries to pick off Midorikawa on his own and he probably would have succeed to do so if it were not for a bit of luck right there.
Midorikawa used his surroundings aka the extinguisher and creates a "smoke screen" which Ranbein had not expected. Ranbein made the, overconfident, mistake that Midorikawa was using it to run away and fired into the smokescreen instead to jump back a couple feet to react if he gets attacked. And so he lost his left leg while Midorikawa could show that he did learned something from his humilation by Yuuma.

A well done chapter which had suff going on that would be shown for like 3-4 chapters in other shounen battle mangas.

I especially liked the part where Izumi created "Tomahawk", in other words he expected Ranbein to figure out his shooting position and go for him first instead for the melee fighters thus creating a trigger cube that would make Ranbein assume a wrong position where to he expected Izumi to be. It shows us that shooters got a great varity compared to gunners and I think it will be very interesting to see how Osamu will deal with the whole shooter business on his own given his lower-than-average trion amount. I doubt he can hold Chika's hand every battle to profit from her monstrous trion.^^

Hopefully this fast upload means we will get ch.60 soon enough. Can't wait till we reach chapter 81 on english, trying to read it on french so far and while I can understand what's going on sometimes I'm like "what the heck does this sentence mean?". Reading manga isn't as much fun if you gotta check a dictionary every couple pages. XD
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote