View Single Post
Old 2006-04-18, 12:56   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of including him as the first male in the hashihime seiyuu gallery, and you convinced me, so he's now there. Mayama and Kyon are both great performances. You'll find Hirano Aya (Haruhi) on the same page of the gallery.

I'm going to stick with Gotou Yuuko as my avatar/sig homage to the SOS-dan, however. I switched to her within hours of the first episode's first broadcast, finally able to honor a seiyuu I've loved for a while.

As for why I concentrate on female seiyuus, it's because they were the first to engage my attention, and there is so much to know about even them that I am hesitant to spread myself too thin. Anyway, I have to admit that my interest is not pure: I'm not just interested in female seiyuus as voice performers, but also as personalities in the entertainment world in Japan.

Here are some caps from the talk on a Honey & Clover DVD between Sugita-san (Mayama) and Takahashi Mikako (Yamada). Sugita-san is long and lean (5'10", 125 lb.), has done Shaolin martial arts, and loves his Honda Steed 400VLX. Everyone please feel free to use these caps however you like:
Dude's a hunk! And that's a nice bike. I became a fan of Gotou after episode 19 of Shuffle and then Lamune convinced me that she is special. Sugita's voice acting for Rin what kept me interested in Shuffle though Rin (Rin deserved his harem) is hated by so many Kaede-fans. His role in Honey & Clover is one of the reason why that show is amusing. Kyon is another replica of his detached, bored role which can make a show interesting. Anyway, if you ever decide to include a male seiyuu for your sig-of-appreciation, start with him.

Nice website btw!