View Single Post
Old 2015-01-24, 15:49   Link #61
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I had nothing to hate on Slaine, I just hate dick-ish move and I hate flip-flopping a-hole. He killed Saazbaum because he tried to kill Asseylum, do I have to remind you a particular scene in S1 where Saazbaum outright say he gonna kill Asseylum? What did Slaine did? Nothing. Now all of sudden, you killed Saazbaum for nearly killing Asseylum even though he did that as well in S1? Can he make up his mind what side he truly on?

He not Lelouch, please don't even remotely tried to compared someone with brain to someone that doesn't. He the Suzaku of Aldnoah, even then at least Suzaku provided us with great fighting scenes.
He did make up his mind long ago, but it wasn't till after he was mentally shattered and forced to grow up after Asseylum was shot. He's a completely different person from the one that Saazbaum was talking to back in S1. Back then, he was still as naive as Asseylum, thinking there was a way out of a confrontation, that Saazbaum would never truly follow through on what he said. However, he learned the folly of his way in episode 12, and that there are times that you have to do things the hard way to get to the future you want.

He's had this plan all along and has been against Saazbaum ever since he shot her, he's just been biding his time and waiting for the right moment while putting all the pieces into place. He probably has others helping him as well since Harklight seemed to be totally in on the plan. Inaho might have been the one physically playing chess this episode, but Slaine has been a chessmaster for awhile now, even figuring Inaho into his plans. I'd say he's got a pretty good brain on his shoulders, and he's now got the fortitude and determination to back it up.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu