Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days" (Double Dash, season 3)
View Single Post
Old 2015-02-11, 08:53   Link #373
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I am disappoint that Sharl has not shown up again yet. Or any of the other new characters in the OP.

I am also disappointed that they seem to have become unable to let the residents of Flonyard move their ears or tails without added sound-effects. Back in season 1 (which I have been rewatching recently) characters could wag their tails or move their ears without needing a sound-effect to point out "HEY LOOK! THIS CHARACTER IS AN ANIMAL-PERSON! LOOK AT THEM MOVE THEIR ANIMAL-FEATURES! ISN'T IT CUTE?! THINK THAT IT IS CUTE!" It's true, they did sometimes have the sound-effects in season 1, but only sometimes: it was not a regular thing. These days if anyone wags their tail you will be alerted to it by noise. If anyone moves their ears, you will be alerted to it by noise. It's... stupid.
I think what we're seeing here is the unfortunate result of market research. People look at what the fans like about the anime, and conclude that the best way to please fans and increase sales is to do more More MORE!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote