View Single Post
Old 2015-04-03, 20:53   Link #35
zalem

Is Vlad the Argyle? Because that's not a failed strategy. In fact, he did exactly what he said he was going to do....buy time, which he succeeded in doing.

Are you talking about episode 15 where Slaine set up that trap that killed Saaz? Because that still shows the use of his strategies yet again to get him out of trouble (showing Inko the weak spot on Saaz's mech so she could shoot, using her to get out of the debris field which he spotted coming, which then destroyed Saaz). So you can say it's still his strategies plus help (which I never denied that his strategies do sometimes rely on help btw).

And the last one, again not a failure of any of his strategies and ultimately his strategies ended up defeating her.

Against Femianne he did fail his shot and yes, that would have seriously injured or killed them. And actually that wasn't even a failure of strategy, that was a failure of action. But I suppose a failure of some kind nonetheless. So ok, NEAR perfect strategies and actions and occasionally random luck. That doesn't really change anything though. He's still almost perfect most of the time and there still is no tension because if it's not him being perfect (which he is most of the time) then some other random factor comes in and saves him. He never once actually failed hard and faced serious consequences because of his actions. I suppose we can agree that the writers are at fault with this lack of tension in the scenes.