Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Hibike! Euphonium [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2015-04-07, 17:10   Link #41
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm sold on this one for now. The first episode already had more instrument playing animation than the entire first season of K-On!

Ok, leaving jokes aside, that was a very good first episode for me. The main character looks like a very interesting person to follow. Not too genki but not deadpan enough to bore. Just on perfect mix imho. Then there's SaphireMidori-chan which I was dreading from all those overblown anime faces during the OP but who ended up being one of those too cute to hate characters for me. Then Asuka who reminds me of a younger Sawako-sensei. Overall I'm liking the cast which is already more than the first episode of Amagi did for me and I got quite a few chuckles out of this so it's on the right track.

On the sound front the OP and ED ended up sounding a lot better than I expected from the previews even if the OP directing felt as underwhelming as most KyoAni OPs tend to feel (impressive visuals not withstanding). They really need to improve the direction for those intros, I don't think I've seen one I've genuinely liked since Hyouka and even before that they had stuff like the first K-On OP with the slapped on Asusa which was just incredibly lazy. (and they even tell us not to say it )