Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Hibike! Euphonium [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2015-04-07, 22:01   Link #52
Tranhieu

So I was thinking about watching the 1st episode while eating breakfast, and before I knew it the ending credit rolled in without me even touching the meal

That said, this episode was excellent in all fronts! Art quality was captivating as expected, the best among first episodes I've seen so far. It was not at Hyouka level yet but came pretty close, especially those reflections on the instruments were so well done I was even distracted from checking out the girls!

Story wise, there's not much to say about this episode but it served its purpose well enough. As other people already mentioned the way those girls thinking about joining the band club was very natural and realistic, nothing dramatic nor exaggerated about it. Even Kumiko's contemplating was done with much realism and resolved fast enough in order not to distract the flow of the whole story, which reminded me of Hyouka's story telling a lot.

The music was also one of this episode's highlights. The ED hit me with a bit of a surprise, a pleasant one I would say.

Looking forward to next week. This's exactly what I want to see from KyoAni ever since Hyouka ended.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote