Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya - Soul of Gold
View Single Post
Old 2015-04-15, 20:25   Link #86
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Not here. Kurumada said on his interviews saying the official series he aknowledges is the one he writes. It's also on the very first tank's afterwords from Next Dimension after denying Tenkai Overture.

Can't be helped.

Omega is a work for SS series anniversary and if there is a spin off he liked, it's Episode G. He hasn't talked about Saintia Sho yet, but imho it's stays true to the original designs and despite being a former shoujo artist the drama isn't rubbed in your face like LC did.
that is the point he can choose what is and what not is canon, what he told was because of the bad reception of overture in japan and because of bad reception of lost canvas, than he decided to make for himself(which showed which while toei can be bed in make some works by themselfs he also not so good as he think.

but that is the smoth point he can decide by himself what is canon or no, no just the only what he write is canon and kuramada is smarth now after the 2 failures he only gonna accept as canon what he see being good among the fans like omega or maybe the saintyia which also looks pretty popular.

well this is to make sure is not just the "popular only manga is canon or novel" trope which some peoples love to pull many times without proper know if this is true or not for the current work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Does Kurumada own Saint Seiya? The intellectual property must belong to the original publisher unless Kurumada actually acquired the rights from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Actually, he does own the rights. The old bastard did that long ago .
i can be wrong but for what i learned, the rights over the saint seyia franchise is divided between kuramada and toey or is bandai(whell the ones behinds the toys), in the beginner was full toey, they called him to write for then a manga, he comes with the idea to write about the gold saints but the company wanted about "kids' like any shounen then turned to be about the bronze saints.

but if i'm not wrong he not the only one owner.