View Single Post
Old 2015-04-17, 15:52   Link #174
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Affleck's Batman voice is really good. I like it more than Bale's Batman growl.

Some of the shots of Superman were good, specifically the one where he was holding up what looked like a large vehicle. It's refreshing to know that even with a more grimdark Superman being the current approach, they're still able to have some fun with classic Superman superhero poses.

It has a good movie trailer feel to it.

That being said, I share similar concerns to GDB and FlareKnight's when it comes to just what exactly they're aiming for here, and if it'll all go together well.

The Dark Knight Returns inspirations are blatantly obvious, and I'm not sure that gels well with how they're trying to frame Superman here. It makes me think a bit of trying to fuse TDKR with All-Star Superman, or fusing TDKR with the Death and Return of Superman (the whole Doomsday/Cyborg Superman storyline of the early 90s). That strikes me as a really tough blend to pull off well, but we'll see.

Of course, it's just one trailer. Maybe it's playing up elements that won't be that central in the movie script as a whole.

In any event, I've been skeptical about this movie for awhile, so I'm not particularly disappointed.