View Single Post
Old 2015-05-17, 17:36   Link #847
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

-I actually forgot about the fact that Ogata was in Danganropa. I wonder if she'll be in SM Crystal since it seems like they're probably going to do the entire manga....At least she still gets around, unlike Hayashibara whom I haven't heard other than the billion Evangelion movies out there.

-I thought Horie was still in her 30s?

-I like Hayashibara though. I used to like reading her column she had when the American Newtype was around.

Quote:
It's called sexism.

One of the glories of the casting for Kill la Kill was the choosing of a number of experienced seiyuu in their forties. Koshimizu and Suzaki were the young'uns at 28.

The past decade has also seen the rise of female seiyuu who have parallel "idol" careers like Hirano or Kanazawa. I don't see that happening as much for the men.

Also the audience has been dominated by males for a very long time.

There's a blossoming market though for female fans. Just look at all of the otome based stuff that's come out in the last few years...or even series like Durarara or all of the sports anime that's been out like Free, Haikyuu, KuroBas or that bike anime, where the majority are female fans.

And there's male VAs/Idols: Mamoru Miyano says hi. Daisuke Ono has a band, as does Tatsuhisa Suzuki.

I think I read that the actors who voice the characters in UtaPri actually have pulled off concerts..and most of those dudes(Suwabe and Toriumi anyway) are in their 40s

And now apparently Japan's starting to publish fanmags with male seiyuu.

Offtopic rambling: my boyfriend LOVES Kikuko Inoue. That's like, his dream woman