View Single Post
Old 2015-05-22, 10:30   Link #51
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I fundamentally disagree with you on this point. Although we've had instances of Luffy fighting out of vengeance (Arlong) by and large Luffy has fought out of a sense of justice for the people and to protect them.
you missed my point. of course there are always reasons Luffy gets into fights. He doesn't usually just go looking for them after all. But once a fight starts, winning becomes his primary goal. There is no chance he would turn tail and run away if it meant accomplishing whatever his goals were before the fight started. That is the notion I was responding to and that isn't in Luffy's character.

^also, aren't you quoting me from a different thread here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
That seems unlikely as that would mean even Fuji's haki is considerably weaker than Doffy's. Surely an admiral can concentrate his haki on Doffy's haki strings and cut them even if Zoro couldn't.
then what is the reason he hasn't ended the Birdcage? He's a Navy Admiral just watching an island get massacred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Zoro
Luffy's gear 4 put him ahead of Daflamingo for a few mins.
no it didn't. fighting consists of offense of defense. as was said over and over last chapter thread, a hyper-powered offense is useless if you can't break someone's defense and you just get tired out.