wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh tell me this is real
- It's not real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Porbably one of the fwer peeps that likes the 00 Raiser over Exia.
- ....*
<<--(has both RGs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629
First of all, the first 00 kits from S1 was when HG's were stepping up their quality from the SEED/DESTINY line which preceded it
- More to it than that. Design and materials. The first season 00 kits used a lot of ABS plastic parts (you'll probably remember the Stargazer and Strike Noir kits has a lot of ABS parts as well). Bandai was experimenting with ABS plastic to get more detailed but flexible parts with less need for polycaps.

It was kind of hit or miss, because ABS allowed them to make parts without worrying too much about how to fit a polycap in there, but unfortunately this became a problem when the ABS parts broke or didn't fit too well (ABS cement wasn't too common among gunpla builders at the time). For the Second Season kits, most of them had a redesign and a new set of polycaps were introduced.

I'll get some photos and show the different types of polycaps used the past few years for HG kits.

If you've been building any of the newer HG kits or the HGBF kits, you'll probably also have noticed that most of them don't have polycaps for the elbows anymore, but are using styrene plastic instead of ABS plastic for the joints.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote