View Single Post
Old 2015-06-29, 00:19   Link #22
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Seconded. While she tended to have a bit of a creepy look going on in the manga, her eyes were still perfectly normal eyes, not drawn any differently from anyone else's. It's... hard to take her seriously like this.

I can't speak for the familiars but once we actually saw Black Curtain used in the manga it didn't do what it was shown doing here. What it did do was very visible, and yes highly disturbing and terrifying to anyone who wasn't expecting it, so it would make sense for it to have freaked out her opponent. But it wasn't a terror spell.
I guess it's a Safe for Work version of what Black Curtain actually does. Because I don't think Black Curtain can be safely showed on TV...

Functionally though, I think it could be worked in to have a similar effect. Even if you have the fortitude to resist the terror effect, being shut in an illusion world will still be a substantial inconvenience, and a good way for Fabia to limit the number of combatants she has to face temporarily (a form of Crowd Control).