View Single Post
Old 2015-07-10, 11:11   Link #13
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
I still don't understand why Mari should not only be on the cover but also be in the front row. I can understand why they chose Mayumi, but why Mari? is it even possible to give her enough screen time to justify this decision? She is only a student and a low rank member of one of the 100 clans with no direct interactions with the Shibas ever since she left first high. Besides comforting Mayumi I doubt there is much she can do. Well the author likes her and that might be reason enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
I wonder Mari has right to attend the meeting, isn't her family mentioned in vol5 as a tail-end family of "Watanabe". I don't believe the magic association will allow the attendants bringing along close friends.

I believe she is on the cover with annoyed face because of her consoling duty and possible enmity toward Tatsuya.
I doubt her position on the cover is based on her own merits or lineage, but rather her position as Mayumi's close confident and Mayumi made the cover because she is the only close of acquaintance of Tatsuya who is a descendant of one of the 10MC. It is likely they will meet at the conference and face each other with his true identity known.

As for their expressions, it's not surprising. Finding out a trusted friend wasn't who they said they were is going to a hurt a little and make things awkward.

Last edited by bakato; 2015-07-10 at 12:24.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote