View Single Post
Old 2015-07-14, 11:21   Link #5949
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Ok, back to LoL after like a year and half of not playing, and I just find it weird people are not respecting Warwick ults. I remember the times when I had to flash just to ult priority targets, but over the course of several games, Nidalees tries to spear me when their wind up animation allows me to close to gap (6% movespeed with quints + mastery), Katarinas use their jump to ult knowing my ult is still up (like why? on multiple occasions too), and ADCs runs up trying to deal damage where they'll be in perfect range to get ulted.

Not only that, but they aren't even saving up their CCs. Threshs that try to initiate with hook only to be left with short ranged flay (too late when they get in range of the ulted teammate already), Ashes that try to get a pick with Arrow leaving nothing for the teamfight, and Irelias just not anticipating with dash + stun to stop the ult as soon as it hit their teammate. I didn't even build Banshee because I wanted the CDR from Spirit Visage, so I'm very surprised I was getting full channels so easily.

Sure it was just normal, but I see plat and diamond borders... It really boggles the mind, considering WW I hear was so prevalent early this season. It was stuff that I couldn't get away with climbing silver back in S1/S2, and here I am picking people again and again without the need to flash. :shrug:

Another thing I noticed... normals seems to have devolved into more individual play than team. Maybe the nerfing of early dragons really have downplayed teamwork, as dragon doesn't seem really all that relevant until you hit dragon 5. Much less grouping up, and much more skirmishing. Which of course leads to people still not respecting WW ults, since a 2v2 easily becomes a 1v2 when your teammate gets destroyed if you don't react fast enough. (Sure they nerfed WW ult, but with you packing Sated Devourer it's still like a 1k ult at max level)

The changes to the trinkets seems to have made people just be lazy about warding. I remember the times when baron was perma warded past the 30 min mark even in normals, but seeing even people in my team with supports no sightstone, unupgraded trinkets, no green wards, and me rarely finding anything with pinks + sweeper has made baron so much easier to sneak. This especially when you have two people show bottom lane (like WHY? send your guy with the tp instead!), and it seems I have had more uncontested barons than dragons... which is saying something considering dragons don't seem to be fought over anymore. :/
Plats and diamonds normally underplay in normal. I die like 3x more and pick silly stuff like azir support and play bot lanes with gangplank. Go greedily for kills and etc. The only thing I always do is get sightstone on principle with any support but everything after that is free game. If you wanna be serious, then ranked is way to go.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote