View Single Post
Old 2006-05-19, 12:35   Link #666
Aiorus

Old Captain Tsubasa Group

I am attempting to create a group to do an English fansub project for the old Captain Tsubasa anime. It's amazing that it hasn't been licensed in English speaking countries. Since the DVD sets are coming out, I think it deserves to be fansubbed.

If you've not heard about Captain Tsubasa, check out the description at anidb.net:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=505.

I remember watching Captain Tsubasa in Spanish lonmg time ago. I didn't get to see a lot of it
but I remember it being one of my favorites. I've always wanted to see it fansubbed, and these are the
reasons I'm trying to start a project for it.

I hope to find a full fansub team for this series that will at least be able to release once a week,
with decent quality. Raws won't be a problem, I have vobs for first 9 episodes, and I know someone
that's buying the rest.

In order not to make this REALLY long-winded project (the series's 128 eps) happen, I request that
everyone try do their tasks within 2 days from when they get receive it. The only exception would be
the translator.

I do not care whether it's a new group, or an existing group doing Captain Tsubasa, as long as it
meets my quality expections.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Different needed tasks:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Translators:
Must be able to translate audio, and preferably signs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Timers:
Must be able to adjust to a certain timing style and have no problem with scene timing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Editors:
Must be able to edit without "over-editing."
This means to edit without changing the meaning of actual translations. Strong spelling and grammar skills.

Typesetters:
Anyone who applies should be able to do at least still signs.
Haven't really decided if we'll bother typestting moving signs or just put notes.
Probably just do notes, because I have experienced many times how typesetting moving signs takes FOREVER.

Quality checkers:
Must be able to spot missing translations, bad edits, timing errors, typesetting and encoding errors.

Current member positions
- Raw provider (dvds).

- POSSIBLY 1 translator, not too sure at this time.

- 1 timer (only now and then)

- 1 encoder.

-If you're interested in joining the project, please e-mail or pm me, Aiorus, the project leader, Nick: Aiorus or email: aiorus@gmail.com.