View Single Post
Old 2015-12-19, 02:04   Link #246
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

This movie was... okay. It's pretty much 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. I might as well have watched A New Hope and gotten the same experience, except better because that movie was shorter. Frankly, I had more nitpicks and unanswered questions than I did actual enjoyment of the film for what it was... or was supposed to be.

Spoiler for possible spoilers:

There's so many unanswered questions with no answers. I don't know if they're going to be in the sequel, but I refuse to count on it. I'm judging the movie as presented and I wasn't satisfied by the movie because I was never able to suspend my disbelief.

It's seriously like the writers said, "Hey, those guys didn't like the prequels but they liked the originals, right? Well let's do that, that, and that from A New Hope, and this and that from The Empire Strikes Back," and then proceeded to go to TVTropes.org and go down the Star Wars page and check each one off of the list.

The movie was played so incredibly safe it was not to its benefit. Visuals were good, acting was decent, and sound design was good (no memorable new songs though, it was all just background noise minus the "The Force" theme, which has been in every Star Wars movie).

Overall, not a bad movie, but it was painfully average. Better than the prequels, worse than the originals. A decent 6/10.

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2015-12-19 at 02:31.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote