View Single Post
Old 2016-03-06, 23:47   Link #35548
marianx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
The whole sentence:

can be interpreted:

until you tear away the illusion hiding me and find the true me, the one with whom you exchanged a promise (= the girl who loved you, waited for you and tried to become your ideal woman).

Sayo wants him to find HER, the person with whom he made a promise a promise that he was FINALLY about to keep when she died. She wants him to find the motive for which she's doing all this, as he's the one who claimed to care about motives. She wants him to understand her.

However, if Battler had only remembered he made a promise with Shannon but hadn't connected it to Beatrice, for Beatrice there wouldn't be much point in him remembering.

In a way you're right in saying that the promise is the core of Umineko as the promise is the motive that pushes MetaBeatrice to play such a game with Battler. But just Battler remembering the promise without recognizing it as a motive would have no meaning for Beatrice.

That's why just remembering isn't the goal for me. Battler needs also to connect the dots. At least that's my interpretation.

This, of course, doesn't stop you from coming up with a different theory on what Beatrice wanted, why she wanted it and how she went to archieve her goal.

Umineko allows everyone to come up with his own theory after all.
if this is really true, why in the manga does battler have such a reaction after finding the promise? he even says " this eternal torture was orchestrated by me" inside of the manga. really if thats why beatrice did all this, battlers reaction makes zero sense. hes far too kind for a culprit that went to those depraved lengths. also the manga, the official translated version makes it very clear the promise was beatrices goal. what you said makes sense, but if that really is true i cant sympathize with beatrice
marianx is offline   Reply With Quote