Thread: Crunchyroll Active Raid (seasons 1 & 2)
View Single Post
Old 2016-03-24, 19:43   Link #256
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Mythos' backstory is very bizarre and weird, even for conventional "main anime antagonist with a secret sob story".

Mythos is still a very good antagonist in many ways, but the believablity issues with his backstory hurts his character some. For me, it means he's a good solid main antagonist, but not a great one.

Which is reflective of Active Raid as a whole - Good fun flashy action-packed show, but with enough questionable plot elements that it falls short of greatness.

One interesting final tidbit is that Bird now seems like a bigger a-hole than Mythos, yet Bird seems to get the better ending of the two. Bird outright won - He got his uber-trollish amusement at the expense of an entire country's people and he got away with it! Meanwhile, I can only presume that Mythos is going to get a very long jail sentence, unless he lucks out and gets something more comfortable in return for doing computer/IT work for the government. Mythos certainly seems to be the most talented IT guy in the entire country, so the Japanese government might as well put that to good use.

Yeah, there's just something about the whole thing that didn't quite click with me. Maybe it was the speed in which all this information was given to us, and just the speed in which everything happened in general. But it just left me a bit wanting. In the end it looks like Bird is the "true mastermind" behind it all as does seem to get away scott free.