Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Hai-Furi (High School Fleet)
View Single Post
Old 2016-04-16, 19:17   Link #177
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoule View Post
Great episode, and I'm officially hooked. A couple of things that I would like to point out that I mentioned on other forums. The first is that while they do have radar for navigation and search, I do believe that they are running WW II stock equipment for their fire control systems for each ship, and if you never got it, you don't have it. This is why Harekaze's radical movements, speed changes and smoke screens were being effective at short range. Plus, even at point blank range, the dice gods are NOT your friends.
Speaking about depth charges, Harekaze only has / had one charge on board, which (if it was real...) would have gone off during episode 1 when the instructor ship landed a shell in the stern.
Which forum did you talk about it? I've able to identify X band and S band surface search radars on the Harekaze. The other thing is that I am not sure if their FCS is just WW2 stock.

They are running on so few a staff that one person onboard is in charge of the gun elevation, another training and the third for all loading operations. If you have this level of automation, then FCS connecting directly to radar would be expected almost.

Although, as with OTL, the Japanese tincans didn't even have analog computers onboard. The torpedo officers had to do the number crunching on paper to determine the angle and speed settings then, and that may be the same with the Harekaze.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote