View Single Post
Old 2016-05-03, 18:11   Link #134
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Super Girl was... okay. I certainly wouldn't call it amazing though. And I think the biggest flaw with it, and one that is also present with Superman, is as Kyero put it- she's a Mary Sue. Granted, I didn't start watching until about halfway through, but the season finale, plus the Flash crossover episode, demonstrate the flaw in this show- everything ends up going perfectly her way. Beat the Bad Guys up, Save the World, and be the Best Office Assistant. And whenever she gets help from a side character, the side character is usually diminished to the point of "why were they included in this anyway?'"

I'm not saying that her counterpart in Superman is any better (hell, the way they kept him out of the show when Myriad went active was creative, but I'm calling BS as well). However, Superman has one trait that they didn't seem to write into Supergirl- his best times aren't when he's fighting Bad Guys, but when he's saving people and being a Good Person in general. I think Kara was always fighting an enemy in every single episode (I think the exception was the one focusing on Martian Manhunter).

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote