View Single Post
Old 2016-05-12, 21:41   Link #139
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I don't get why some don't like Supergirl. Many fans love the show, the writing and the characters. it's ratings were good as well as it got an average of 5 to 6 million viewers per week compared to Arrow and The Flash whose latest seasons have gotten 2 and 3 million viewers per week respectively.
Such is the subjectivity of enjoyment I suppose. Since I'm completely on the opposite side. I can't find a single quality of Supergirl that wasn't horrible. The writing, the characters, it was all bad. I don't know anyone outside of online forums who didn't cringe at the idea of watching it.

Even comparing it to female hero shows of the 90s or early 2000s and it just looks lazily handled.

Might sound odd after saying nothing but bad things....but good for those who enjoyed it. I'm sure they'll enjoy a second season. Though this time I won't even come back to watching it for even the crossover episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Honestly, that's perfect. All they need to do now is retool the show a little to have it take place in the same universe as Barry and Ollie, and everything will be great.
Not sure if they can really do that after they already established that Flash and Supergirl exist in different 'worlds'. Unless you write in some over the top merging of dimensions they'll just have to save interactions for Flash or Supergirl crossing to their respective "Earths."