View Single Post
Old 2006-06-12, 06:22   Link #1
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Legend could've been better?

I was just thinking... Legend Gundam could've been a bit better than it was. There's no hope for it in originality's sake, but that's beside the point now - I'm just saying, now that there are other overpowered suits in Destiny, I'd say they could've at least have THIS suit keep up with them.

I mean, the designers could've easily added more dragoons. Like where Providence had them. It had two dragoons on the side skirts EACH (so 4 in total) and two more on the rear skirt. If Legend had the same layout plus the rest it already has, it could easily total a number of 14 or so dragoons. When fans like me see Legend nowadays, I say "Yeah, it's got dragoons, so what... (Freedom and Akatsuki have them too)."

So I'm thinking what would make Legend more significant if it was totally overloaded with dragoons.

It is said that Legend was meant to be less bulky than it's predecessor, carrying only 10 dragoons this time around. But let's face it - it's still bulky either way (well, in appearance anyway - but tactically, there could or might be at least SOME difference that makes it more maneuverable than Providence?).

Yeah, I know the beam spike types can laugh at shields, but hey, take those two out and Legend would pretty much be kinda basic, IMO.
Freedom has dragoons, heck, they call em SUPER dragoons for some reason, plus it's also got five more guns - two of them which can combine into a powerful one at that. As for Legend, aside from dragoons, what else it got?

I don't understand WHY it's beam rifle has to be so large and long - it doesnt seem to be any more powerful than the other, less bulky ones that Destiny and the others carry. Although I can't really measure power ratings judging from eye, so I'll leave that part. Just someone explain to me what's the point in making the rifle that long/big when it doesn't 'appear' to give any tactical or power advantage (if it does, I'd like to know).

And the beam javelins... wtf? I'd say that's more of a nickname than what the weapon really is. It's more like still a beam saber to me - if it had the same javelins Impulse had, that'd make more sense.

And yeah it has beam shields. But hey, Destiny, Freedom and Justice have em too.

Anyone else unhappy with the Legend design? Thoughts?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote