Thread: Brexit Vote
View Single Post
Old 2016-06-25, 08:24   Link #175
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Yep, I fully agree. Afterall, yesterday showed how only the announcement of the UK leaving already affected the world economy. So it's totally understandably that countries like China, USA, Japan or Russia have a huge interest in further destabilization of one of the biggest economic area of the world. Because that is so good for trade. With companies in Britain being uncertain of their future in Britan and seeing how the United Kingdom wasn't united at all on this decision, the future of the United Kingdom is also open, which will give other EU countries the sign 'let's do what the British did and ram a big, fat knife into our stomach!"

There are internal and external interest for the EU to continue, and the fact that it is the EU now which wants to kick out UK as quickly as possible further shows that. And given how the EU leaders will make an example to show why an exit of the EU is highly undesirable for a country....

The English did one of the most stupid things imageable. But at least Donald Trump has your back!

Btw, I'm really interested in some British opinions on the future of the UK.
Well I can tell you it won't be till October that anything concrete happen in regards to our new relationship Europe, and that just when things will start, due to the new PM being decided.

There also the distinct possibility that another Scottish Independence vote and General Election may be on the cards, but that depends on the new PM.

I know the UKs voters main complaints with the EU were mostly about immigration with a smaller group finding its lack of democracy disturbing, so I expect the new PM will likely want status quo in most areas. However I also know the EU seems to want to go into 'punishment mode' to stop other states leaving the EU, so we see how things happen in reality, but I wouldn't be surprised if it backfires in there face and just causes the UK to have a stronger trade relationship with none European powers.

Another factor to consider is two years is plenty of time for another European state to hold a referendum, with a yes being on that cards. If the EU decided to play hard ball, then whoever else leaves will likely have a much stronger trade relationship with the UK than at the moment.

On that note if one of those nations is Germany or France, then the EU is realistically over within 10 years.

On currently issues with the pound, its going to recover to a similar position were it was, if possibly slightly lower. Currently there's a lot of panic and uncertainty that's twisting the market, that be over soon enough as most people click things are pretty much as they were before.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote