View Single Post
Old 2006-06-13, 23:32   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Welcome to the N.H.K

Genre: Comedy, Parody, Action and Drama

Expected Release Date: July 11, 2006

According to my anime watching experience I've noticed that most of the anime adapted from novel turns out to be great, not just good, i.e. FMP, Scrapped Princess, Sujumiya Haruhi and so on. The good news is this series is also will be adapted from a novel. What makes me a bit cautious and makes me want to curve my enthusiasm is the production company, as it is none other than Gonzo. Nontheless, I will give them the benefit of the doubt by the virtue of the type of show this is supposed to be, an action-comedy with a touch of drama. Anyway, the synopsis is as taken from AniDB:
The existence of the evil organization of "NHK", I happened to find it. All the reasons why I dropped out from the university, being unemployed and a "Hikikomori" - homicidal young person - are due to NHK`s conspiracy. I`ll keep fighting till the day I will beat the vice organization.

But one day, an assassin from a religious group, shows up to kill me. She is a neat and beautiful girl, Misaki-chan, with a parasol. Who is she? What can save our future contaminated with eroticism, violence and drugs? Love, courage, or friendship?
The show is based on a novel by Takimoto Tatsuhiko. It was later illustrated in manga by Ooiwa Kenji.