View Single Post
Old 2016-08-04, 01:04   Link #21
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I am actually want to see if this does work out or not. Sure the West has a very bad record when it comes down to Anime adaptions but it takes time and patience to find one that is going to hit it off.
The only one that worked out well was Edge of Tomorrow (a.k.a. All You Need is Kill), and yet that was one success among many abject failures and unborn projects. I still remember when there was the idea of adapting Neon Genesis Evangelion. My initial excitement was real, but all of that has been relegated in some studio's archive room and has never been brought back since. Adapting a very popular anime/manga into movies for Western audiences is an extremely daunting task.

Seriously, if the Japanese entertainment industry were to adapt Western movies and TV series for Japanese audiences, I'm sure a number of people out there would be crying bloody butchering and murder. Sometimes, it's better not to cross certain lines when an original product has already been successful in itself and needs no shitty adaptations by people who know next to nothing about how deep the original product is.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote