View Single Post
Old 2016-08-07, 21:14   Link #55
Cicili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken View Post
You don't have to be smart when you have all the info, actions, and reactions in your hands.

I don't know, but I hoped after hitting rock-bottom, and coming back up again, and seeing how complete shit everyone was towards him and Emilia, that he'd try to get their help by any way necessary.

Regardless, he formed his alliance, but just came off as cheaply acquired. Also, call it by the name you want, he's still manipulating them, but I get your point.

In all, it's immaterial to me. I thought it'd be interesting and more entertaining to see. I mean we spent FIVE full episodes on him trying and failing to get through this, and all they give us is a measly five minutes of a vanilla alliance after his epiphany? It was anti-climatic at best.

So in that context, I was disappointed with what the episode offered on this particular regard. The rest was simply moving the pieces around, so a transition episode. The ending was awesome though, good tension, and just loved the final scene once the White Whale appeared.
It was done better in the Light Novel because they had more time. But as usual, no time for that. I would have liked it if they spent a bit more time on the things that happened this episode. But unfortunately, with only 6 episodes left to work with, i guess they had to cut corners somewhere.

Very hyped for next week. I wonder how well White Fox will be able to manage the fight. Animating a fight like this is going to be a very challenging task.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote