Thread: Crunchyroll Qualidea Code
View Single Post
Old 2016-08-10, 12:01   Link #346
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think that's a little unfair on Canaria.
I just don't find it fun to watch, Haak. The most common dynamic between Canaria and Ichiya. She's very well-meaning, I know, but that soft nagging voice trying to reign in the unstoppable ego... I just found it kinda annoying to hear and watch. If you enjoyed the dynamic, that's fine, but it wasn't clicking for me.

To be fair, they might have brought the Canaria/Ichiya dynamic in a fresh new direction if Canaria was still around right now, but I was a little worried that would just feel like a het version of Hime and her adoring 2nd-in-command.

Hime may well have taken the wrong approach with Ichiya, but I tend to like these sorts of loud confrontational scenes. They can be overdone, but every now and then, it's good to see two characters really clash with one another.

The best one-on-one dynamic in this show is actually between the two siblings (yes, it is ironic for an incest-critic like me to say that, I know, lol). The two siblings have wonderful verbal chemistry with each other, just really sharp deadpan wittiness.